Three views of the John McIntosh Brown house – the "house
in the white sand" – built before March of 1874, and which
stood on Hwy 710 south of Red Springs between Richland Swamp and Floral
College Road. The house sat on a slight rise above the highway at the
base of which was a sea of pure white sand.
Photo provided by Mrs. Peggy Townsend of Red Springs.